What you need:
- Samsung S4 screen replacement package
- Heat gun or Hair Dryer
Steps to follow:
- Remove the battery, SIM and SD cards from your phone.
- Using the heat from the heat gun, heat up the glue under your phone’s screen. You can use a hair dryer for the same purpose, but it will take a lot more time. Also, heating beyond a limit might damage the digitizer, so you need to be careful with this part.
- Using the picks from the Samsung S4 screen replacement package, lift the glass screen. Remove the glass screen from digitizer carefully.
- You can use an alcohol or similar solvent to remove any glue residue left over.
- Once the broken screen is removed, place the adhesive on the edges of the new screen to stick to.
- Place the new screen in its place and press gently. Remove the plastic cover from the screen, if it has any.
- Put back the battery and SIM card and test.